Winter is in full-swing here in the Kootenays! With crisp snowy peaks and beautiful winter scenery, there is no shortage of inspiration out there!
Whitewater Artist in Residence
I’m thrilled to be the Artist in Residence for the 2020-2021 season at Whitewater Ski Resort! Over the winter, I’m doing a number of outdoor and virtual events to share my work.
Live Q&A and Studio Demo
- February 18th, 7pm – Instagram Live – Join me on from my home studio as I demo my painting process and answer any questions!
I’ve led 2 virtual paint alongs – find the recordings below and follow along with your art supplies from home!
- Ymir Peak Paint Along – Watch online
- Alpenglow Paint Along – Watch online
Check out my Whitewater Artist in Residence Series to view the collection of paintings I’m working on as part of this program. I’ll also be plein air painting at the resort during the season – follow me on Facebook and Instagram to find out about specific dates.
Here are a few other pieces I’ve completed over the last few months. Check out my available work page to see what originals are still up for collection.
Looking back, 2020 was a challenging and unexpected year for everyone! The COVID-19 pandemic led to many exhibitions and events being cancelled. Although us visual artists kept working away in our studios, the opportunities for sharing our work changed in significant ways.
I challenged myself to adapt my art practice to give back to the community during the pandemic in the following ways:
- Kootenay Colouring Book – I created a colouring book featuring local landscapes which raised over $6000 for the Nelson Community Food Centre. The book continues to be available in local stores with a portion of funds being donated. Find out more here.
- Face Masks – I put some of my favourite paintings on cloth face masks with all proceeds going to the Kootenay Lake Hospital Foundation. I donated over $600 from these sales.
- Virtual Paint Alongs – I led a number of virtual paint alongs to engage people feeling stuck at home. These events were free with a suggested donation each time to a local non-profit organization. You can watch the recordings here.
I want to thank everyone who supported my art practice during this very different year! Thank to my collectors, gallery owners, local business partners, and everyone who continues to follow me on this journey and support my artwork and projects.